Monday, July 11, 2011

Word Around The Way: Waka Flocka Flame To Retire After 2011

Yes folks, the unfortunate (or fortunate news for some) of Waka Flocka retiring after this year hit the net via Twitter last week. According to him "This game 2 fake", and he's right in many respects, but we need people like Waka Flocka in hip-hop. Now before people say "You're Crazy", let me say that I'm a pretty casual fan of Flocka's music. Despite this, I'm not gonna act like he is talented in the lyrical department. He isn't, and even he knows that. I also won't act like some of his music isn'ts very simplistic and for the lack of a better term, elementary. I just feel that his "brand" of rap is needed, just not in a mass form.

 Everything (except drugs)s is good in moderation, and I feel that he's needed in rap to help in the balance of diversity. As much as a person can think, a person also gets angry. Flocka represents those times when a person just needs to let loose and not have to be contained all the time. I said that everything is good in moderation, and I'll admit that the overflow of less lyrical, more party related rappers isn't good, but of them, Flocka is one of the flagships, so therefore he should stay. Besides, could you really imagine going to a club and the DJ only playing Lupe, Cudi, and Curren$y? That would be a slow party.

 All in all, I hope that Waka has a change of heart and decides to keep the mic in his hand. It would be a shame for him to give it up. Yeah he gets alot of hate, but don't lie, you know he brings out your inner anger and aggression. I  guess that only time will tell of what will happen.

-Raul. A

No comments:

Post a Comment